The Miner2Major community grants scheme is for groups and organisations to deliver activities that celebrate and conserve the diverse wildlife, important habitats and rich heritage of Sherwood Forest and its communities.
If you have a idea for a project get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss your idea with you before you make an application.
Grants are available up to a value of £1,000, with no lower limit.
All projects must meet at least one of the following outcomes:-
1) A wider range of people are involved with heritage
2) Heritage is identified and better explained
3) People have developed skills
4) People have greater wellbeing
There will be 6 application rounds with the following cut off dates:
- 30th September 2021
- 17th December 2021
- 18th March 2022
- 17th June 2022
- 16th September 2022
- 16th December 2022
Projects need to be completed within one year of funds being awarded and no later than September 2023.
- The grants scheme is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations including social enterprises and Community Interest Companies Limited by Guarantee in England.
- National organisations with local branches (with their own management committee and bank account) can apply.
- New organisations that can demonstrate they are financially robust can apply.
What we will fund
- Projects that take place within the Miner2Major Landscape Partnership area.
- We will consider projects that take place outside of the Landscape Partnership area, but that are clearly related to it.
- Projects that are for public benefit and not for private gain.
- Projects that take account of relevant law and other statutory requirements.
What we won’t fund
- Existing staff posts or organisational costs.
- Repairs to your own home.
- Legal and/or statutory responsibilities.
- Promoting the causes or beliefs of political or faith organisations.
- Recoverable VAT.
- Costs for any activity that has taken place before a grant is awarded.