Adoption East Midlands provides the full range of adoption services across the region. If you live in or near to the East Midlands, we can help you along your journey to adopting a child.
Derby City Council, Nottingham City Council, Derbyshire County Council and Nottinghamshire County Council have combined their adoption services to form Adoption East Midlands.
There is now one service, hosted by Nottinghamshire County Council, to provide adoption services across the four areas and we can accept adopters from across the East Midlands.
To ask any questions about adopting a child or to find out more about how to start to your adoption journey, please contact us – our experienced and friendly staff will be happy to help you.
Find out more
- Download our information booklet [PDF]
- Download our statement of purpose [PDF]
- Download our adoption panel information pack [Word]
- Click here to learn about the support we provide to people going through the adoption journey and afterwards.
Adoption Support Service
If you are already an adoptive parent and would like to speak with someone in our Adoption Support Service, then please call the Information Line on 0115 8044500
Get in touch
We have offices at:
- Loxley House, Station street, Nottingham NG2 3NG
- Trent Bridge House, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 6BJ
- The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby, DE1 2FS
- County Hall, Smedley Street, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3AG.
- Tel: 0115 804 4567
- Email: email@example.com
Adoption East Midlands does not undertake assessments for Step-Parent Adoptions. Please contact your Local Authority where you live and the appropriate Social Care team who will be happy to assist you further:
- Derby City: 01332 641172, option 1
- Derbyshire: 01629 533190
- Nottingham City: 0115 8762266 (Permanency Team)
- Nottinghamshire: 0115 8041231